Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Clowns ARE Scary

Alright, here is the score:  four weeks left and only one party remaining.  The final party will be on March 19th and called "Orange You Glad It's Done?"  It started as a working title and then it just kinda stuck.  I did an audit the other day just to make sure I really had done all 51 parties and it is legit!  Huzzah!  There is a bittersweet feeling as this all ends.  I have enjoyed it very much.  I joked to a friend that I needed to develop some soundbites because it very much seemed like a normal year, just one where I threw 52 parties.  As I am winding down it occurs to me that I did not have all of the parties that I had planned.  Often spontaneous parties took precedence over the scheduled ones.  For instance, how can you not have a party when Betty White is hosting Saturday Night Live?  I will use these last few weeks to share some of the unsung parties with you.
 

My friend Mary tells her son, "Clown are like bees, ignore them and they will leave you alone."  I really wanted to have a Scary Clown Party and even found this vintage paint by number set.  I used Matte Transfer Gel to make additional paint by numbers on canvas for guests.  Snacks would have included circus peanuts, cotton candy, hot dogs and the like.  I made this tray shortly after deciding to follow through with Shindig Spree.  I did not use it for any of my parties.  Fifty one missed opportunities.  I was going to teach myself to make balloon flowers for decorations.  Insert sad clown nose honk here.   

No comments:

Post a Comment