Search This Blog

Monday, February 7, 2011

Love is in the Air

So I was floating along in the universe feeling mostly competent and somewhat creative when it happens...  The Martha's February spread featured a woman who has a book called Crafternoons (2008) and the showcased activity is a Valentine's Craft Party.  Double drats:  1) I was naive enough to believe we were the first to coin the phrase "Crafternoons" and 2) we did our first Valentine's Craft Party four years ago.  I will post some pictures later this week.  At first I was defeated, crest-fallen, and beaten.  But then I decided to chalk it up to the "great minds" theory.  Anyhoooo, here are some VD craft ideas to make for the ones you love.  Or the ones you are with.


I found the template through How About Orange.  The original design, adorable in its own right, is a winged elephant.  I simply traced the pattern onto heavy grey paper, cut out, and constructed.  I attached a simple origami box to the back with a brad.  Get the pattern right here. 

3 comments:

  1. How do you know she is not lurking on your blog and capitalized on YOUR original and fabulous idea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the pattern for them if you need to make some elephants tomorrow. Also, unless she has a working time machine, she had dibs on "Crafternoon". But probably not "Crafternoon Delight".

    ReplyDelete