Search This Blog

Monday, August 23, 2010

Just the Facts

The boys' "friends" birthday party will be a Detective Party.  Their motivation may have been to score a new chapeau, but I still like it better than doing a flavor-of-the-month cartoon character themed birthday.  The boys said the fedora was non-negotiable and they even narrowed their guest list so I could accomodate this request.  I ended up finding the hats at Target for $3.74 a piece on clearance.  I found the magnifying glasses at Dollar Tree. 

3 comments:

  1. great idea! celia's 10th bday was a nancy drew party with hidden clues all over the house - great fun! also, it was the birthday that she decided every 10 years she would change her name, so according to her i should be calling her "merle" right now. that's short for emerald, not quite the nickname she was looking for. anyways, you could always offer that up to the boys as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Nancy Drew. I am a bit jealous. That might have to be the theme for my 39th. I would love to know how you did the clues thing. Also, inspired by Celia, my new identity is Yosarian Yarndoodle. Best. Idea. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. here's the thing, i'm not that clever. nathan's mom did all the clues - they rhymed and were very ominous, she was wonderful! so, i'd like to help but i have these two sacks (jack handy reference). so while i am not at all helpful with clues, can i say that i am way on board with a) nancy drew party for your 39th and b) dig the new name, sari doo (i like nicknames ;)

    ReplyDelete