Search This Blog

Sunday, August 22, 2010

He's the Jolly Good Fellow

A double header weekend.  For Phil's graduation party we started with his alma mater's color:  blue.  I found an almond can that had the perfect blue lid and after using them for last nights pesto these cans were upcycled into puppy chow holders for the party. 


We got the idea for the donut hole tree from Katie Brown.  Every time I see her I think, "Local girl makes good!"  While I am skilled at feigned enthusiasm, this woman wrote all of the textbooks and pamphlets on the subject.  She is like an over-caffeinated super fluffy kitten with a glue gun.  Katie instructed us to cover a styrofoam cone with parchment paper held in place by toothpicks.  Then use more toothpicks to spear what ever goodies you want on your tower of food.  The donut holes and strawberries stayed on very well.  Work from the bottom up.  She cut her strawberries in half with the cut side out.  I am a fan of using smaller whole strawberries. If I had been thinking I would have put a picture of the guest on honor on top like a star on a Christmas tree. 
 

The celebratory breakfast ready to go.


The guest of honor.

1 comment:

  1. It's like a donut Croquembouche?... Love it! (and yes I did have to google that term)

    ReplyDelete