Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Eye of the Tiger

Last year was the Year of the Tiger.  When Cicely was in preschool she won a giant tiger, gorilla, cheetah, lion, and giraffe.  It was so nice to actually have a purpose for the oversized tiger, if only for a night.


The adult table.  Prior to my second Chinese New Year my sister, Amanda, helped me make 24 tea cups.  I wanted them to be very informal and organic looking.  It turns out I am absolutely hideous at pottery.  It is one of those things I try to over think or power through like iceskating and swimming.  I took swimming lessons from a friend at age 25 and he described me as a "land mammal conquering water".  I must have decimated a dozen cups before my sister took pity on me and turned them all out in about an hour.  The place settings have a representation of each guest's zodiac animal and a sheet describing characteristics of the sign.
 

The girls' table.  The girls were drinking bubble tea which originated in Taiwan but is popular in China.


A table setting for the girls' table.  I laminated pictures from a calendar featuring China.  The kids also received treat bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment